International Beatles Week is well under way in Liverpool this year. Running until September 1st, it’s a mecca for Beatles fans young and old. My friends over at CityXplora have pulled together 20 Definitive Things To See And Do In Liverpool – some purely focused on the Beatles , others are just great things the City has to offer, so I’ve whittled out of their list my top 10.
Things To Do In Liverpool during Beatles Week
Liverpool continues to be a popular cruise ship port of call and tends to be linked with Dublin, Belfast and Glasgow cruises. The cruise terminal is very central so it’s easy to jump off the ship and visit the top sights in the City. As always, there’s a great hop-on hop-off open top sightseeing bus tour that picks up right next to the cruise terminal which makes things even better!
So since it’s Beatles Week, lets start with the top Beatles attractions in the City:
- The Beatles Story – museum dedicated to the Beatles
- The Carven Club – Liverpool underground club where it all started for the Beatles
- Liverpool Football clubs – Liverpool has two teams, Liverpool FC and Everton FC. Visit their grounds and judge for yourself. There’s even a bus tour to Liverpool FC‘s ground
- Albert Dock – this trendy area of the City where you’ll find great attractions including the Tate Liverpool, bars and restaurants
- Liverpool Maritime Museum – discover Liverpool’s maritime history including it’s connection with the Titanic
- International Slavery Museum – find out about one of the darkest chapters of Liverpool’s history
- Wheel of Liverpool – get some of the best 360deg views of the City from the top
- U-Boat Story – This exciting museum delves into the dangerous job of a German U-Boat crew during WW2
- Liverpool One – For those who love to shop, you’ll certainly drop after taking in the City’s biggest shopping centre
- Liverpool Chinatown – I’ll finish my list with food. Here you can eat some of the best Chinese food this side of San Francisco [and China!]
You can read the full 20 best things to do in Liverpool over at CityXplora.